3 days left
- Full Time
FILTON GOLF CLUB MANAGING SECRETARY
Founded in 1909, Filton Golf Club is a private members club in North Bristol. It has a rolling parkland golf course with excellent practice facilities and clubhouse. In recent years the reputation of the course has grown with particular praise for our greens and course condition from handicap and professional golfers alike. We have exciting development plans over the next two years for both the course and other facilities with a view to enhancing the golfing experience and increasing membership.
Leading a team of experienced managers and reporting to the Club Chairman the Managing Secretary has responsibility for all aspects of the club's operations including:
• Property management - Maintaining the premises and other assets of the club.
• Course-liaising with the course manager in course development.
• Commercial - marketing the club to potential members and visitors.
• Communication - with committees, members, staff and the local golfing community.
• Service -management of the clubhouse including bar and catering facilities.
• Administration - managing the accounting function, preparing budgets, management accounts and forecasts for the trustee directors and elected council.
• Legal - ensuring compliance with health and safety, employment and all other legal and regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of electronic accounting systems.
You will be enthusiastic with good interpersonal skills and the need to demonstrate that you are:
Able to manage change whilst respecting the traditions and ethos of a private members club.
Financially aware - accounts, wages, VAT &Taxation.
Computer literate with electronic accounting knowledge.
A good staff motivator and manager.
A competitive salary and pension package commensurate with experience and skill set is offered with paid holidays.
Please apply in writing by clicking apply explaining why you are applying, enclosing your CV and marking the envelope “Private & Confidential”