Supply Chain Coordinator / Buying Assistant -Chemistry Graduate
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator - Solvents Division
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The company is a multinational Chemical Distribution company that provides their customers with a world-class service and advice on the use of its products. Their Head Office in Runcorn is now looking for a Science or Business Graduate to fulfil a new role in their busy Sales Team.
This is a very exciting opportunity to develop knowledge of the solvents chemical field with room for progression both laterally (with the ability to work for different departments) and up through the company.
Assist in processing Purchase Orders for Solvents divisions and focus on all aspects of purchasing, offering support to other coordinators where required.
- Place purchase orders for the Solvents Division with suppliers and manage intervening processes through to delivery.
- Become conversant with HMRC/EMCS systems, documentation, import duty/free trade and process requirements for European and non-European suppliers.
- Liaise closely with Senior Co-ordinators, Transport Dept. and the depots with regard to any stock matters, particularly for unexpected and unplanned requirements.
- Update and manage the Booking-In Schedule for purchase orders due, in accordance with schedule guidelines.
- Stock Monitoring, including minimum order levels.
- Produce new product set-ups for bulk and packed goods.
- Implement and progress Supplier Non-Conformances where applicable.
- Produce New Supplier set-ups for the Solvents Division and produce Permits for Suppliers.
- Attend Division Sales Meetings, and attend training as appropriate to widen personal knowledge in support of the business.
- Degree or strong knowledge/experience in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Business or related subject.
- Experience of working in supply chain/planning role desirable.
- Experience of working in a busy, fast-moving commercial office environment.
- Understanding suppliers and logistic requirements in the supply chain, desirable.
- Ability to deliver impeccable attention to detail and accuracy, essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an effective team player.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm with a "can-do" attitude.
- Professional, efficient, flexible, patient, punctual and pro-active.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Supply Chain Administrator, Production Administrator, Supply Chain Assistant, Distribution Administrator, Business Support Assistant, Distribution Assistant, Business Support Administrator, Purchasing Assistant, Sales Support, Supply Chain Coordinator, Purchasing Administrator, Supply Chain Planner may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Supply Chain Coordinator / Buying Assistant -Chemistry Graduate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly