Conference and Events Co-ordinator
Conference and Events Coordinator, Manchester City Centre
My client is one of the world's largest upscale hotel brands and has properties located in major urban centres, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe. They have an opportunity for a Conference and Events Coordinator to join the team based in Manchester on a full time, permanent basis working 39 hours per week. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary.
The main purpose of this role will be to coordinate conference and events at their prestigious Manchester property and to deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life.
As their Conference and Events Coordinator, you will identify their guest needs and accurately communicate with the operations team to ensure all events are delivered that exceed their guest expectations. This role is essential to contributing to the success of the Sales and Revenue team
Their Conference and Events Coordinator duties and key responsibilities include:
- Outstanding administrative skills to coordinate events, which will include corporate business, private functions and weddings.
- Identify organiser’s needs, by understanding the event goals.
- Deliver effective communication between the office, reception, accounts and operations teams ensuring successful delivery of all guest requests and requirements.
- Maximize revenue through regular communication within your department
- Follow company brand standards
To become their Conference and Events Coordinator, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Faultless communication and telephone skills
- Positive, welcoming attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
- Fluent English both verbally and written
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Proficient grammar as writing letters and emails is an essential part of the job
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in a sales led environment
- A BA Hons degree or higher in Leisure & Tourism or Event Management
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their Conference and Events Coordinator, please click ‘apply’ today.