Installation Assistant / Trainee Appliance Installer
An exciting opportunity to join DBD’s Academy to train as an Installer’s Assistant, as well as progress to a fully qualified, Gas Safe Kitchen Appliance Installer. The main purpose of this role is to provide support to the Installer by ensuring a clean and tidy workspace, helping with installations and driving the company van.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the construction industry, be able to display a proactive approach and understand and act upon instruction in a diligent, professional manner.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Supporting the Installer with necessary checks prior to leaving DBD RDC including checking appliances against the manifests, ensuring correct PPE is ready, all necessary paperwork is ready and any other relevant items are in place.
• Assist installer with driving to and from site where requested.
• Follow instructions of installer, ensuring any other duties are carried out diligently.
• Supporting installer with any administration required including signing of all necessary paperwork.
Skills & Attributes:
• Takes pride in reputation – including pride in appearance, the quality and quantity of work carried out
• Practically minded with a methodical and organised approach to work.
• Able to listen carefully, understand instructions and then strictly adhere to these at all times.
• Able to deal with the physical demands of the type of work involved including lifting and moving multiple appliances and driving on a daily basis. (The role requires high energy levels and good stamina as well as physical strength.
• Full driving license essential (3 points max).
• CSCS card preferred but not essential.
Salary: From £16,848.00 & competitive benefits package
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire and Surrounding Areas
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.