Senior Playworker/Community development
1 day left
- Part Time
The senior playworker is based mainly on the bus, developing high quality play with children and supporting adults in improving their play skills.
The senior playworker/community development worker will work in conjunction with the office manager in developing projects to respond to community needs.
Duties of the post
- Organise and plan play work
- Initiate new projects in response to community needs
- Purchase, store and maintain play equipment
- Support users of the bus
- Facilitate, support and provide guidance for groups becoming independent of the project.
- Supervise and line manage playworkers
- Record keeping for monitoring purposes
- drive the bus to new potential sites to check access
- ensure the bus is clean and maintained
- Attend management committee meetings (every 6 weeks) and other meetings when required.
- Attend relevant training
- Take the lead in policy making and compliance with best practice; child protection, health and safety, first aid and others.
Hours and conditions
The post will be 26 hours per week. This can vary from time to time so must be flexible.
The salary will be £23,735 pro rata.
All new members of staff are expected to complete a probationary period of three months, after successful completion, the appointment will be confirmed and a contract will be offered.
Line of responsibility
The post holder will be line managed by the chair- person of the committee.
Qualification in play or childcare
Over 25 years old (this is the minimum age of undertaking bus driving lessons per insurance conditions) and a minimum of two years driving experience, clean license desirable.
Excellent communication skills; you must be able to interact with a wide range of people.
Excellent organisational skills
Must be computer literate
Own transport essential.
Training will be given by a nominated driving instructor, 15 hours of driving lessons must be undertaken .
The post-holder will be encouraged to undertake other training opportunities when reasonably requested or necessary.
An enhanced DBS is essential and the community bus will request one is provided or for the right candidate we will carry out one on your behalf. A minimum of two references are required.
The community bus operates as an equal opportunities employer. Our equal opportunities policy covers all aspects of our work and our members of staff are expected to adhere to this at all times.