Customer Experience Specialist
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the role
At AO we are passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience. We offer our customers many routes including calls, emails, live chat and social media.
We are open from 8am-10pm Monday – Sunday for our customers. The hours for the role are 40 hours per week Monday to Sunday – Rota between 8am and 10pm. The rota will include working 2.5 weekends out of 5.
Salary for the position is £17,000 plus monthly bonus, OTE £22,000
We’re on a mission to be the Best Contact Centre in Europe! Could you be one of the exceptional People that help get us there?
People believe there are two jobs in this world where you’re going to get shouted at... Traffic Wardens and Customer Service.
Except….that’s not true where we come from.
Our people are engaging, happy and work without restraint to delight Customers! You have thousands of different ways you can make them happy. Because it's always 100% about the Customer Experience.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Delight our customers by finding a resolve that suits them – treat them like they’re family. Throwing money at a problem does not make it go away -care, ownership and attention are what matters.
- We are all humans.. being smart when you’re speaking to customers creates a seamless Experience.
- Be Exceptional in the moments that matter.. Customers will always remember how you made them feel.
- Deal with all types of queries over the phone, by email, using Live-chat and even Social Media.
A few things about you
- Care. It’s number 1 on the list of importance for us.
- Be driven enough to make a success and a career in Customer Experience.
- Strong communication & influencing skills. You’ll get to work with Customers, Your Team and many other different departments.
- Come to work with a smile – if you enjoy what you do, you do it and we want you to have fun here at AO.
- A passion to learn and an ability to do so quickly.
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. It’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
- 33 days holiday pro rata : For a well-deserved rest (Including Bank Holidays)
- Attendance bonus*
- Company Sick Pay*
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Share Save Scheme: Something for a rainy day
- Discounts on AO products
- An enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption package*
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Length of Service Holiday Bonus: More time to play*
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Death in Service: Knowing they’ll be taken care of
- 2 Make A Difference (MAD) Days: Give something back, do something amazing
- Gifts for New Arrivals: Something for the mini AO’ers
- Gifts for Newlyweds: Something for the happy couple
- Long Service Rewards: Our commitment to you, for your commitment to us*
(*Subject to start date or length of service)