Design Engineer/Senior (Civil Engineering - Highway and Draiange)
Vacancy with Stephen Daykin Consulting Ltd, working on numerous new residential developments across the Midlands.
£30,000 - £45,000 dependant on demonstrated experience
40 Hrs/week - 9 to 5 (or flexitime equivalent)
This is a pivotal role, providing significant fee earning for the small business. The ideal Roads and Drainage Engineer will be keen to take on schemes from start to finish. They will also run projects from feasibility design to technical approval and on-site completion. Therefore, demonstration of solo working is vital.
In return, the Engineer will be given a good work-life balance, allowing for flexitime and the option of working from home one day a week.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years' experience in the Roads and Sewers sector with a consultancy background. A solid knowledge of PDS, MicroDraiange and AutoCad 2D software is essential.
The successful applicant would be expected to mentor and assist technicians and other junior members of staff.
Stephen Daykin Consulting Ltd is a small Nottingham (Bingham) based design consultancy who serve national house builders across the Midlands and beyond.
Established in 2004 by Stephen Daykin (I.Eng AMICE MCIHT) after 20+ years in industry, SDC has established a strong presence within the residential development sector and have provided road and drainage design solutions for hundreds of projects.
Services provided by SDC include:
- Detailed design of roads and drainage solutions to meet the requirements of Local Authority and Water Company specifications
- Infrastructure design for large and/or shared developments
- Hydraulic simulation and flow control modelling for optimised surface water solutions
- Flood study and stream analysis
- Providing setting out information for roads, sewers and house plots
- Identifying engineering constraints at feasibility design stage
- Vehicle tracking (swept path analysis)
- External works and building drainage design to current building regulations
- Detailed road, junction and earthwork design
- Detailed design and hydraulic modelling of drainage systems
- Preparation of schemes for technical submission (Section 38/278 & 104)
- Assisting technicians and junior members of staff
- Preparation of detail drawings (Control chambers, Hydrobrakes etc)
- External works and building drainage design
- Project file/audit trail maintenance
- General client liaison
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Detailed knowledge of AutoCad 2D, PDS & MicroDrainage
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Time management
- Able to follow instructions
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure
- Good Mathematic understanding
Please email your CV by clicking the apply button.