Design Technician – based at Wakefield
Integrated Utility Services Ltd (IUS) is one of the leading electrical contracting organisations in the UK. We provide expertise throughout the engineering contracting and utilities sectors. We competitively tender to carry out installation works from inception through to completion. IUS has
a strong corporate identity and is a subsidiary of Northern Powergrid.
A Multi Utility Design, Tendering and amp; Estimating Technician is required. The successful candidate will provide detailed and accurate estimates for Multi Utility developments, on securing the order produce detailed designs for approval.
• Design, Tender and Estimate Multi Utility quotations for customers
• Develop gas, water and electricity design solutions for new distribution networks and extensions to existing networks
• Conversant with the general principals of independent connections provision in water, gas and electricity sectors. For each market sector this shall include but not necessarily be limited to:
• The scope of contestable design and construction work.
• The scope of non–contestable design and construction work.
• Adopting network operator design criterion, material and installation specifications
• Connection processes, including Point of Connection Applications, Design Approvals and Construction and Adoption frameworks
• Required to liaise with all parties as necessary to develop a design solution. Such parties shall include but not be limited to:
• Distribution Network Operators (DNO)
• Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO)
• Independent Gas Transporters (IGT)
• Water Companies
• Local Authorities
• Good planning and organisation skills
• Time management
• Interpreting Information
• Good Team Working
• Quality Control
Qualifications and Attributes
Experience in design (at least one of the following areas: electricity, gas or water distribution networks, training will be provided), tendering and estimating and the ability to interface with clients.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing Date: Monday 21st August 2017.
If you have the necessary attributes and experience please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
No Agencies Please
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.