1 day left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity to join DBD’s Sales Support team as a Sales Administrator. DBD is a family business that has grown into the UK’s leading Appliance Installation Distributor. We remain an intimate business, proud of our people, service, relationships and success. It’s a challenge, but we do so by remaining true to our values.
Your role as a Sales Administrator is to oversee & handle the sales process from customer quotation to new order set up whist supporting the business with handling over sales administrative tasks particularly when product or pricing specification changes
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating accurate quotations from a customer tender opportunity & supplying these to the respective Sales Manager to pass on to the customer. This may include obtaining additional information from our customer to be able to raise the quotation.
• Responsible for receiving bulk orders from our customer, checking them against the DBD quotation & making any necessary amendments to ensure a complete match before submitting it to colleagues for processing on the DBD system.
• Responsible for processing product specification changes when requested by our customer or due to manufacturer supply in liaison with the respective Sales Support colleague & the Procurement team.
• Responsible for reviewing Project appliance margins on our system in liaison with Sales, Procurement & our customer & making any necessary changes to ensure our minimum margin is maintained. This may include communicating any changes in writing to our customer.
• Carry out other administrative & clerical duties for the Company as and when required. This could include data retrieval & analysis, filing, copying, printing, scanning, post opening, reception desk cover & telephone answering.
Skills & Attributes:
• Excellent attention to detail – high accuracy when proof reading documents, raising quotations & checking orders to ensure all information is correct.
• Strong organisational skills to balance various requirements & ensure tasks are followed through from start to finish.
• Strong communication skills in written & verbal form to both colleagues & customers to ensure key information is clearly communicated to them.
• Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Word & Excel with the ability to quickly pick up & learn new systems or processes.
• Able to work under pressure when a deadline is in place to ensure we can provide an excellent service to our customers.
You consistently demonstrate our company values:
• Helpful – Pro-actively does everything possible to deliver exception service for our customers. Loves problem solving to identify resolutions in order to help others.
• Ethical – Reflects a straightforward and honest approach in all your interactions. Does not cover up mistakes/errors, but openly works with team to reduce and overcome them.
• Customer focused –Every customer feels like they are given “special” treatment and is kept informed. Willing to do everything possible to deliver excellent service to them.
• Innovative – constantly seeking ways to improve. Reviews current processes & systems & looks to implement improvements to the benefit of yourself, colleagues & our customer.
Salary: £18,000-£22,000 with flexible benefits
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Contract type: Permanent
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Sales Administrator role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.