Companion, Personal Care Assistant & Befriender, Bristol
We are looking for a Companion, Personal Care Assistant & Befriender to join our team in the BS16 area of Bristol.
Is this you?
- I live in BS16 or the surrounding area (Downend, Frenchay, Fishponds & Stapleton)
- I am a car driver and I have access to my own car
- I have previous experience within the care sector or have cared for a relative
- I would enjoy spending time to help and support an older person.
- I have 10-30 hours a week free and I want to make a difference.
- I have some availability either early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings or weekends?
- I have considered Volunteer Jobs.
We are recognised as being a Top Ten Provider of Home Care in the South West region. We deliver unrushed, person centred care to older adults who want to remain independent, but need support and encouragement to carry on doing the things they love. You will be helping them to achieve this by:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines
- Prompting them to take medication
- Assisting with washing and dressing
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups and activities
- Encouraging their interests and hobbies
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company
What are the benefits?
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the best benefit for doing this job. With our visits never less than an hour you really get the chance to build relationships and make friends.
Excellent hourly rate of £8.30 - £10.00 per hour + 30p a mile mileage allowance.
Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression
You probably have lots of questions, which is great. Once you apply we will give you a call and chat through any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.