- The role of the Support Worker is to perform duties and tasks to enable the service user and continue to promote independence. To offer a level of care which promotes dignity, respect and choice Supporting service users who may have a wide range of differing requirements and whose needs may range from companionship, community and domestic support to personal care. What the role involves:
Duties may include:
- Providing support and encouragement to empower the service user to lead an independent lifestyle Community and leisure activities Providing companionship and conversation Light domestic tasks and general household duties such as cleaning, bed making, laundry and ironing Communicating with family, friends and other healthcare professionals
Personal Care may involve:
- Assisting a service user to get up, dressed and preparing them for the day Washing, bathing, showering Continence management Assisting with prescribed medication. Working closely with other care professionals such as District Nurses and GPs Assisting service users to go to bed, including undressing and washing Be reliable and understand the necessity of not letting the service user, colleagues or the company down at short notice and leaving service users vulnerable.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain awareness, understanding and adherence to Company rules and policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook. Treat all service users with respect and dignity and ensure they receive a quality service. Maintain personal and service user’s safety through adhering to proper Health & Safety procedures.
- To be able to commit to and attend all shifts allocated To be able to cope with emergency and difficult situations and seek solutions To be able to communicate effectively To be able to maintain high standards of care provision with compassion and empathy
- Genuine care, compassion and empathy Good understanding of what the role entails Ability to follow instructions Responsible and able to work unsupervised Able to cope under pressure Flexible availability Have prior experience of care provision desirable for Support Work
This Position Requires a fully enhanced DBS Check. You can provide this via a portable online system or you can register for one with us directly.
We have a requirement of at least 6 Months experience in care, or a relevant health and social care qualification in order to apply for this position.
We provide training in relevant courses such as medication and challenging behaviour.
If this Role interests you, then please send in your CV or call us on 0151 691 4935.