Independent Assessment Examiner - Hairdresser and/or Barber
Independent Assessment Examiner - Hairdressing and/or Barbering
Location: Regional within England
Closing date: 25 August 2017
Salary: Day contract rate
Hours: Self-employed, as required subject to the number of end point assessment examinations to be undertaken
The company is recruiting a team of Independent Assessment Examiners (IAEs) to conduct end point assessments, for the new hair professional apprenticeship standard for Hairdressing or Barbering.
The apprenticeship standard has a qualification built within and the skills, knowledge and techniques acquired through these qualifications, will form the end point assessment for Hairdressing or Barbering.
The main duties of an Independent Assessment Examiner are to:
* Carry out end point assessments for hair apprentices
* Use professional judgement to grade whether learners have reached the standard of practical skills required by the standards
* Question the learner to confirm their knowledge, skills and behaviours
* Make sound judgements and apply grading criteria accurately
* Ensure grading decisions are fair, valid, consistent and reliable against set grading criteria to differentiate against different learners' performance
* Complete examination reports as required to give clear feedback
* Conduct themselves professionally at all times
* Undertake a training programme to prepare for the role
* Complete standardization activities as required
Independent Assessment Examiners are required to meet the following criteria:
* Be occupationally competent to at least Level 3 or equivalent in either Hairdressing or Barbering
* To have at least five years commercial experience (current/historic)
* Currently working commercially either full time or part time, in a commercial environment
* Have an in-depth knowledge of the end point assessment and be committed to upholding the integrity of the standard
* Be credible - be able to demonstrate current practical competence and be engaged with CPD to ensure they remain up to date with developments relevant to the end-point assessment.
* Be able to demonstrate they are not connected to the apprentice, the training provider or the employer to ensure independence is maintained (no conflict of interest).
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send us your details via 'Apply' and provide a comprehensive CV including full work and educational history along with a cover letter.
The closing date for the position is 25th August 2017.