Sheet Metal Worker
- Full Time
Sheet Metal Worker
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Due to continued growth and expansion Magnetic Shields Limited is currently looking for an experienced, skilled Sheet Metal Worker to join the team and become part of our professional, industry leading company!
About the Role – Sheet Metal Worker:
- The successful candidate will work with bending, forming, finishing and fabricating metal in accordance with customer orders
- Occasionally, you may also be involved in spot welding in the creation of bespoke mumetal products
- Your duties will include ensuring the parts you are producing reflect the order and are created to a high standard.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following duties:
- The successful candidate must have a good understanding of pattern development and should be capable of hand finishing to a high standard.
- Forming, bending and rolling in various gauges ranging from 0.35mm to 5mm.
- You must have a working knowledge of fine limit sheet metal and be experienced in sheet metal processes including fabrication and sheet metal assemblies combining fabricated and machined components
- You must be competent at general Sheet Metal duties including deburring, drilling and spot welding
- TIG welding experience would also be beneficial although this is not essential.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has programmed, set and operated some of the following machines:
- LVD CNC pressbrake
- LVD Laser
- CNC punch press
- Power Guillotines
Magnetic Shields Limited specialises in the manufacture of bespoke magnetic shielding for use in a large variety of sectors. Based in Kent, England, our manufacturing facility is fully equipped with the latest technology to provide our customers with the highest level of service and quality. All of our manufacturing processes, including heat treatment, are integrated in our production plant.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in this role please send a copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!