Disability Support Workers
Disability Support Workers Winchester & Test Valley
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time and Part Time
* Annual earnings based on a basic salary of £15,600, a Market Rate Allowance of £2,500, and incorporates shift enhancements for weekend working and sleep-in shifts as part of the rota.
To start: As soon as possible
It is essential that you drive for this role.
The organization is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities in a number of our services across Winchester & Test Valley. As a Support Worker you will be assisting people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities & mental health concerns in their own homes to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support to promote independent living skills.
We are looking for people to support our clients who are fun, with a good sense of humour, who will help our clients to be more independent and achieve their goals. This could include sailing, swimming gardening, going to the cinema or theatre, going out for meals and lots of other leisure activities. This will also include support with gaining daily life skills such as personal care, medication, shopping cooking, keeping their house clean and support to budget and not get into debt. We need someone who is hardworking, reliable, polite, friendly and respectful.
The organization has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
Relevant knowledge and skills relating to people with disabilities is needed as is flexibility and creativity. You will be able to travel within the contract area, ideally with the use of your own car and with business insurance.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
• Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
• Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
• Excellent and professionally certified training.
• Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
• Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
• Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
• Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
• A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
• The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, contact us today! Click ‘Apply’ to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role. Alternatively, Please call Mandy Ledger on 01962 32762 or 07786 278196, or Maggie Thomas on 07764 458243. When you call they will ask you a few key questions insure that this is the right role for you, and once you are successful in this initial screening, you will be invited along to an assessment and interview.