Location: Winchester (also covers Hamble, Bishops Waltham, West End and Meon Stoke)
Salary: £19,877* pro rata
Contract Type: Full/Part Time or Zero Hours
* Annual earnings based on a basic salary of £19,000, and incorporates shift enhancements for weekend shifts as part of the rota.
We will appoint the first suitable applicants
It is essential that you drive for this role.
The organization is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We are recruiting Support Workers to our Reablement and Assessment Care Team. The services main aim is to work alongside people in regaining their physical well being and relearning the skills necessary for daily living, with intensive support over a 6 week period. This includes aspects from personal care, medication and support with cooking.
One of the brilliant perks with this service is that we can be accommodating around working hours and working days. Our staff team provide support between the hours of 7:00 to 22:00.
For this position it is essential that you are a car driver with access to a car for work use. The service covers Winchester and areas such as Hamble, Bishops Waltham, Meon Stoke and West End. We are happy to confirm that travel time and expenses are paid for this role.
As a vital part of our staff team, you will help to maximise long term independence meaning people get to remain in, or return to their own homes. It's key that you are focused on enablement and the empowerment of individuals, taking a can-do and person-centred approach at all times.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Reablement Support Worker will:
* Be experienced and able to understand individuals needs/wishes including people who are elderly and those with a learning disability or mental health need.
* Have, or be willing to work toward the completion of Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
* Be able to build relationships and understand individuals strengths, abilities needs and wishes to help them become more independent.
* understand how to accurately observe and record both progress towards goals and deterioration, as well as the importance of completing the required paperwork.
* Have the skills to enable people to undertake daily living skills, access available benefits to support themselves financially and signpost to other agencies to achieve positive outcomes
* Have good communication skills, including written, verbal, non verbal including body language and touch, and have a sound understanding of confidentiality and how this applies.
* Be flexible and able to work shifts, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays largely between the hours of 7am and 10pm
* Be a car driver with use of a car for work purposes and the appropriate level of insurance
* Have, or be willing to achieve, PaCT training on Positive Outcomes
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If you think you have the skills to provide this service we can't wait to hear from you! Please email your CV and an explanation of why you are interested in this role
Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for interview and assessment, so don't delay, apply today!