Relief Forklift Truck Driver - Nights
Our client is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of fresh and processed potatoes, meeting the broadest ranging needs of major retailers, food processors, caterers and wholesalers. They operate from 9 locations within the UK and also mainland Europe employing in excess of 800 people.
This role will involve working as a Team Member in production ensuring the correct specified potatoes. Enter the packs and to ensure efficient packing and handling of the product to customer specification by grading, packing or stacking potatoes. In addition you are required to perform allocated forklift truck duties as and when needed to cover holidays, sickness and busy periods.
The main responsibilities for this position include:
• To pack, label and stack product as required and directed, inline with customer requirements.
• To assess the product quality to customer specification.
• To comply with all Organic requirements and procedures.
• To ensure accurate checking of codes / dates / promotional labels.
• To build MU's (Moveable Units) for use when packing product.
• To ensure you check for errors; Foreign body / damage / breaks at all times.
• To assist Line Leader in the changeover process e.g. changing films, tubes and scanning batch sheets etc.
• To ensure finished packs are transported from production to the transport department in a safe manner.
• To ensure the production department is adequately supplied with the necessary equipment i.e. trays, MU’s, pallets, film etc.
• To collect and deliver correct packaging to the production area from the packaging store.
Salary: £9.60 - £9.61 PH + Pension, Death Benefit
Please apply online for this Relief Forklift Truck Driver with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.