Deputy Managers required, working in Halifax and Huddersfield Area (2 positions available)
During the last 2 years the Halifax and Huddersfield branch of the RSPCA have continued to develop their network of Charity Shops. We now require Deputy Managers to work in our charity shops to provide support and work alongside the shop manager and to manage the shop in the shop manager’s absence and during holiday. We are seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join our team.
You will be experienced in charity retail. Be ready to take the next step to a management role, commercially aware and have a flair for fashion and retail display. You will have passion and leadership and be able to work in a hands on environment. The work is hard, but never dull and provides the opportunity for personal fulfilment and achievement, the post will have overall responsibility for the administration, profitability and effectiveness of the charity shop. We offer great job satisfaction knowing that your efforts help to raise funds for the delivery of animal welfare services at our branch animal centre.
Principal accountabilities are:
• Merchandising and shop display.
• Management of shop activities with guidance form the shop manager.
• Recruitment and retention of shop volunteers.
• Stock generation.
• Promote the shop in the local area using all available promotional opportunities.
• Implementation of gift aid.
• Promotion of Branch and Society initiatives and campaigns to promote the awareness of the charity.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
• Experienced in retail shop management.
• Have a flair for fashion and display.
• Hard work and dedication in a challenging environment.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to develop and motivate a team.
• able to demonstrate a clear understanding of legislation as it applies to Health and Safety, Animal Welfare, Data Protection, Equality and Diversity and Employment.
Salary: £11,575 per Annum + Benefits
Working Hours: 28 Hours (4 days per week)
Please apply online for this Deputy Manager role with your CV and covering letter.
An application form will need to be completed for this position and will be forwarded to the address provided on your CV.
Closing Dare: Friday 11th August
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
It is our vision to work for a world in which humans respect and live in harmony with all other members of the animal kingdom.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.