Mental Health Support Worker
Mental Health Support Worker
Location: Portsmouth Mental Health Services
Salary: £16,200pa for 30 hours per week (Annual earnings based on a basic salary of £15,600 per annum and also include enhancements for weekend working and sleep-in shifts as part of a typical rota.)
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time (30 hrs)
Closing Date: 13th August 2017
The organization is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
The essence of the Mental Health Support Worker role is listening to clients, understanding individuals, being someone to talk to about any issues and providing support and encouragement. As a Support Worker you will assist clients with organising their life tasks, using their preferred recovery style to make life choices, and achieve independence and ambitions.
Our clients have told us they want someone who is outgoing, jovial, funny and someone who they can have a laugh with. They will need you to attend appointments with them, or just be happy to go for a walk when they don't want to go out by themselves.
As a Mental Health Support Worker, you will:
* Have excellent listening skills
* Be trustworthy and reliable
* Be flexible and 'can do' in your approach
* Be able to provide a person centred approach to clients
* Be able to bring innovation to the team and clients
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Mental Health Support Worker will:
* Have knowledge of Health and Social Care Act 2008, CQC Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and CQC Core Principles
* Understand Health and Safety at Work Act/Regulations
* Have experience of working with vulnerable people
* Understand the meaning of recovery and person centred support
* Understand the needs of people with mental health
* Be prepared to support clients with daily living skills and personal care
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we're keen to hear from you as soon as possible! Please click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role. If your skills, experience and knowledge meet our requirements the recruiting manager will contact you to talk about the role and ask a few key questions to ensure this is the right opportunity for you.
Alternatively, you can call the Recruiting Manager, Delphine Bateman on 02392 754771 or email , you will be asked a few key questions to make sure that this is the right role for you.
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew, working across Hampshire. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821935 to apply or for more details.