Salary £17,000- £19,000 DOE
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Executive to join our office based at our head office in Northallerton, North Yorkshire with immediate start.
WE ARE TRUE OIL SPECIALISTS. SINCE FORMING IN 1980, WE HAVE BECOME ONE OF THE UK'S LEADING PROVIDERS OF OILS TO THE FOOD, TECHNICAL AND PERSONAL CARE INDUSTRIES. We use our industry knowledge and experience to not only source and supply oils from all over the world, but also to manufacture our own niche oils and formulate bespoke oils for our customers' needs, all delivered by our fleet when and where required. The company is still a family run business, our family values remain integral to everything we do, despite our success on a global scale and our new association with the French oil supplier The Avril Group.
Your role would be to develop the existing client base and independently identify and pursue new customers both nationally and internationally. This would require confidence, relationship building skills and ability to cold call or interact with customers face to face at trade shows & client visits.
The successful candidate will be action orientated & able to deal with multiple relationships effectively. Enthusiastic and motivated by job satisfaction rather than financial targets but capable of quickly maximizing the profitability of accounts & willing to be flexible between tasks according to where the division's pressure points are. Sales Executives are expected to be involved in every aspect of the sale process, so creative thinking, problem solving skills, clear communicator and IT proficiency are required. There will be an expectation for them to travel across the UK & Europe representing the division at trade shows & visiting both existing & potentially new customers.
* Understand & consistently review the relevant food, cosmetic, pharmaceutical & other markets, recognising new commercial opportunities in the UK and Internationally.
* Proactively ensure growth of Division by identifying new markets & opportunities & pursuing potential new customers, developing leads through cold calling & face-to-face sales pitches.
* Maximise divisional profit margins, calculating accurate sales prices according to customer & market fundamentals. Exceed Sales target and achieve agreed KPI's.
* Develop & maintain effective relationships with customers, ensuring they are well-briefed with market information.
* Dealing with multi- currency and international B2B sales.
* Meet & present to internal & external customers using all appropriate communication tools.
* Account manage customer base, ensuring all meet their contractual obligations & providing timely, relevant responses to all customer inquiries.
* Participate in marketing activities including exhibiting at or attending UK & International trade shows, creating & updating product lists, designing commercial Powerpoint presentations, editing newsletters & writing blogs for the website.
* Ensure optimisation of all resources available to sales force in the Division.
* Preparation & communication of monthly Divisional activity to Commercial Manager.
* Ensure a high level of service is maintained at all times & respond to all inquiries in a timely & efficient manner.
* Work with Commercial Manager to build a reputable & successful division to the company & develop strong working relationships with Finance, Operations & Quality Divisions
* Comply with all relevant operational, audit & trading guidelines.
SUPPORTING DIVISION PERFORMANCE
* Understand & implement the strategy for the Division.
* Ensure & facilitate thorough communication with the wider business to add maximum value to customer service.
* Work with Manager to understand the credit risk inherent in the customer portfolio.
* Work in a culture that encourages ethical conduct, open communication & commitment to compliance consistent with Kerfoot values.
* Promptly communicate to Manager & assist in investigating all relevant complaints, possible violations or irregularities, taking appropriate action where necessary.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Sales experience within a commercial environment preferable but not essential
* Knowledge of manufacturing & distribution chain activities preferable but not essential
* Action oriented & able to deal with multiple relationships effectively.
* Creative thinker able to challenge established ways of doing things.
* Excellent networking, interpersonal & relationship building skills.
* Understanding of the regulated environment & compliance needs.
* Willingness to travel in UK & Europe.
Please click 'Apply' to forward a copy of your CV