Graduate Sales Executive
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the role
The Graduate Sales Executive role will provide you with a wealth of experience within the AO Aftercare department and a great foundation for a successful career at AO. If you’re serious about sales and your career, your career starts here.
- The basic salary for the role is £20,000pa with a realistic OTE of £41,500 (uncapped) with top earners taking home in excess of £60,000
- 1 in 4 of our sales executives earn £50,000 with 1 in 10 earning £60,000
- 9 out of 10 of our sales executives earn £41,500 OTE
- Comprehensive ISMM endorsed sales induction training with offsite residential team building days
- Defined career path as 60% of our first line management employees came from the graduate sales role
- Exposure to key business stakeholders throughout the 12 month process
- Benefiting from regular in house training to further develop sales technique
- On-going support from a dedicated graduate sales mentor
- Contributing in regular team building sessions
- Fantastic working environment and atmosphere
- Weekly reward meal for top performing teams
- Monthly company nights out to recognise and reward performance
- Dynamic fast paced sales office
- Modern vibrant Manchester city centre location with amazing facilities Join our successful graduates and be our next sales superstar. Apply now.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Warm calling customers selling a value added service
- You will be building relationships, understanding customer needs, relating back and closing deals
- Adopting a consultative approach to the sales process
- Contributing in monthly graduate best practice sessions
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. It’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
- 33 days holiday pro rata : For a well-deserved rest (Including Bank Holidays)
- Attendance bonus*
- Company Sick Pay*
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Share Save Scheme: Something for a rainy day
- Discounts on AO products
- An enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption package*
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Length of Service Holiday Bonus: More time to play*
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Death in Service: Knowing they’ll be taken care of
- 2 Make A Difference (MAD) Days: Give something back, do something amazing
- Gifts for New Arrivals: Something for the mini AO’ers
- Gifts for Newlyweds: Something for the happy couple
- Long Service Rewards: Our commitment to you, for your commitment to us*
(*Subject to start date or length of service)