We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At InTechnology WIFI UK we are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to come and join our team based in Harrogate. This is a full time, permanent position and we are offering the successful candidate a competitive salary of £50,000 per annum plus £6,500 Car allowance or Company Car.
InTechnology WIFI UK is a fast paced, expanding Company which provides optimised wireless broadband solutions for telecom operators, smart cities, and enterprise customers and specialises in Applications, Multiple Frequencies, Topologies, Environment and Wireless environments.
The development department within InTechnology Wifi is responsible for building a mobile application targeted at the iPhone and Android to provide rich content and a streamlined experience to users of Wifi deployments for towns & cities. We are also responsible for the backend that provides access to the Wifi.
About the Systems Engineer role
The ideal candidate will have a high level of technical knowledge relating to installation, maintenance of cloud-based components, supporting the development team and operations. You will also have a high level of knowledge relating to the automation of these processes.
You will be required to possess a broad range of skills that will assist in learning new technologies quickly, which is likely to have been gained from not only working in this field but also from knowledge acquired through personal interests outside the workplace.
The Systems Engineer duties and key responsibilities:
- Take ownership of our current infrastructure, growing and improving it.
- Assisting in the deployment of new features
- Create and maintain tools to automate processes
- Help with decisions on architecture, data storage, and infrastructure
Our ideal Systems Engineer will be able to demonstrate experience, understanding and knowledge in the following areas::
- CentOS and RHEL
- Configuration of Mikrotik routers
- Cloud technologies – Amazon EC2 and Google Cloud
- Clustered MySQL
- VPN technologies
- Squid proxy
- Solutions architect
- Data centre infrastructure management
- On-site solution switching and security design & management
- Redundancy and load balancing implementation & management
- Storage management
- Backup management
- Monitoring and Alerting implementation & management
- Upgrade and Patch management
- Connectivity management
Experience in the following would also be desirable:
- Wireless access points
- Access point controllers
- Level 2 and level 3 networking
Person specification of our ideal Systems Engineer:
- An intelligent self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative to solve problems
- A fast learner with the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively pass on knowledge to other people
- Ability to work well within a team, putting forward their own views and solutions whilst happy to work under a different direction
The Company’s standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch; some flexibility may be required from time to time.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Systems Engineer then please click ‘Apply’ today!