Digital Marketing Executive - Travel and Tourism
Job title: Digital Marketing Executive
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
Hours: Full time, Permanent
The company has been running small group adventure holidays since 1981. They are passionate about what they do and love to travel. Their experience and knowledge make them one of the most trusted tour operators in the UK. They have over 500 small group trips in 120 countries (including Family Adventures, Cycling & Walking), plus tailor made and self-guided programmes; so a product range that is second to none in the industry.
Their wide range of activities and experiences, award-winning Tour Leaders, a commitment to responsible travel and a pinch of Explore spirit, keep their customers coming back year after year.
The company has been a part of a much larger group of specialist travel companies since December 2015. They operate as a totally standalone business, but also work closely with their sister companies wherever possible. Other brands within the group are Inghams, Esprit, Ski Total, Santa's Lapland, and Inntravel.
The company currently has an exciting role for a full time Digital Marketing Executive working within their Marketing Team. The role will be working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to deliver the online marketing objectives, both strategic and tactical. The position will be responsible for the maintenance and ongoing development of the company's websites and managing their social media channels, creating inspiring and engaging content and also the key contact for their SEO and CRO agency, helping them to deliver key online strategies.
- Manage the day to day maintenance of the website, keeping the site updated with promotions and campaign information, and working with internal and external support to log and resolve bugs or issues.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to deliver the Phase 2 development of the new Explore website.
- Create engaging content, that reflects our brand values to support the social and SEO strategy for online, and maintain existing content to ensure it remains relevant and up to date.
- Work with our external SEO and CRO agency to develop a strategy to increase visits and online conversions and help implement these strategies, including A/B testing, content creation and information.
- Ensure campaigns and promotions are implemented across the website and other online channels in inspiring and engaging ways to enhance the user experience and optimise conversion rates.
- To be the expert on the CMS and the gate keeper of website content. Provide training and access to the wider business where required.
- Work on a social paid strategy campaign with the Digital Marketing Manager. Keep up to date with new campaign developments and provide recommendations on how we could use them.
- To assist Digital Marketing Manager with the day to day management of the company's Online Marketing activity including PPC, programmatic and video activity.
- Produce the social media content calendar to drive engagement and customer acquisition through our social networking sites.
- Analyse and react to performance of social channels using analytical tools and apply the insight gained to refine and evolve content.
- Keep up to date with current trends on social channels and make sure we're in key conversations.
- Competent and confident using Content Management Systems (CMS) - ideally Kentico.
- Social Media Marketing experience on all major platforms.
- Excellent copy-writing ability to produce engaging content across a variety of channels.
- A creative thinker, who can express the brand through different channels and think outside the box to invent new ideas.
- Experience managing 3rd party suppliers and agencies.
- Experience using analytics tools to measure for both website and social media data, including Google Analytics.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Have a focus on accuracy and quality and a good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, with the confidence to influence and liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven project and stakeholder management experience.
Skills and Experience - Desirable:
- A good understanding of SEO, CRO and UX.
- Travel industry experience and/or strong interest in travel.
- Higher Education (Degree Level).
One thing they pride themselves on is looking after their staff. Not only do they offer a competitive salary, they also offer an extensive range of benefits that include, Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme, Profit Related Annual Bonus, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Onsite or Paid Local Parking, Health Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Staff Discount on Explore holidays, Season Ticket Loans, Childcare Vouchers Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Onsite Massage Therapist, Employee Reward and Perks Scheme - to name a few!
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Advisor, Digital Marketing Consultant, Marketing Analyst, Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Administrator, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing Analyst, Senior Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Officer, SEO will also be considered for this role.