New opportunity not to be missed! Weir Minerals have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Specialist to join our team based in Todmorden. We are offering a competitive salary.
Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group plc, the business has been established for over 100 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries. The company has seen significant sustained revenue growth with output rising from £31million to circa £130million within the last 6 years. Based in the North West of England we are a well established company that is growing year on year. Our organisation currently has 800 employees throughout Europe with over 400 based in Todmorden, which sits on the edge of both Lancashire and West Yorkshire.
The Payroll Specialist Role
The Payroll Specialist is an integral role in the Human Resources office. This is a stand alone position and the post holder will be accountable for processing the Monthly and Weekly payroll.
They will ensure all legislative compliance is followed and action manual calculations when required in line with HRMC. The Payroll Specialist will partner with HR and Finance to ensure all transactions are executed with accuracy.
They will have previous experience with SAP payroll, have excellent payroll legislation knowledge, ensure internal and external compliance and professionally deal with all payroll queries.
Key Responsibilities as our Payroll Specialist:
- Monitoring of time recording and attendance system correcting time errors and assigning employees to the correct shift pattern.
- To process both weekly and monthly payrolls in a timely manner.
- Accountable for Payroll system updates annually
- Liaise with vendors on SAP support covering payroll system issues and enhancements
- Check payroll work produced.
- To ensure that payroll documentation is transmitted on a timely basis to enable the payment of wages on time.
- Creating and amending work schedules for configuration
- Where necessary assist with the integration between payroll and Success Factors
- Produce payslips.
- Processing of third party payrolls accurately and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all deadlines for completion of work are met.
- Maintain accurate records.
- To ensure that any employee payroll queries are dealt with effectively and quickly to ensure employee satisfaction.
- Input/retrieval of data in SAP HR (Payroll) records, including payroll calculations
- Processing of weekly, monthly and pensions payrolls
- Reconciliation of payroll results and payment of amounts due to Inland Revenue, Pension Funds, Court Orders, CSA etc.
- Collation and distribution of timesheets and payslips
- Month End/Year End payroll reconciliations
Our ideal Payroll Specialist:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience of processing Weekly payroll would be advantageous
- SAP experience is desirable
- Experience of working with a time recording system and time evaluated shift system.
- Experience of coordinating overseas payroll’s via a third party
- Previous experience working in Manufacturing Engineering would be desirable
- Fully proficient in MS Office programs, minimum MS Word, MS Excel (including VBA) and MS Project
- Fluent verbal and written skills in English language
- Payroll qualifications
In return we offer the following salary and benefits:
- Up to 35k depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- Employee Benefits Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Payroll Specialist.