Fleet Courier Controller/ Warehouse Operator - Swindon
Rico Logistics is a UK subsidiary of the global logistics giant TVS with $10 billion annual revenues and employing more than 30,000 people worldwide. Rico Logistics is a market leader in their sector and provide courier services to some of the UK’s top businesses, in addition to serving the needs of locally based businesses. Operating out of over 45 Branches around the UK and Ireland from where they control more than 1,500 courier vehicles each day.
A vacancy has arisen for a Fleet Courier Controller/ Warehouse Operator to join our small team in the Swindon Branch. The role provides a high level of support to the Control and Operations of your Service Centre and ensuring a high level of customer service from booking to completion.
This position ensures the service provided meets the standards agreed by the Company with its customers. Maintains and develops the Sameday operation in line with the changing demands of the business at all times ensuring that all work undertaken adhere to Company policies and procedures.
Main Responsibilities Include:
Fleet Courier Controller:
• Be adept in using the in house computer programme ACI, Fleet Mapper and i-Fleet
• Allocation of work to Couriers in a fair and transparent manner
• Taking bookings accurately and advising clients of our services
• Implementing and maintaining Service Level Agreements (both client and branch specific)
• Proactively trace and track consignments through to POD and completion, keeping clients and fellow employees informed of any delays or issues
• Always ensure your fleet size is sufficient to service your clients particularly during peak periods - maintain levels and recruit when required
• The proactive monitoring and forward planning of fleet levels , recruitment and courier documentation to remain compliant
• Ensures dockets are input correctly and in a timely manner, reducing courier and client queries and credit notes
• Ensure all jobs are collected and delivered with agreed timescales
• Client operational queries are dealt with effectively and promptly and the client is made fully aware of the outcome
• All relevant and overnight and international consignment information and communication is entered onto the system
• Courier pay queries are dealt with effectively and promptly with minimal complaints
• The Fleet Optimisation rules are followed
• The most efficient courier is chosen – back load couriers are given priority. Dead miles are reduced and margins are correspondingly increased
• Every courier is treated as a national resource, they are visible and accessible to the network
• Couriers are adequately trained on smart phone app
• Ensure that if the service of any courier fails to comply with the service levels defined in Rico Logistics Ltd Supplier Service Level Agreement (SLA) and where they fail to adhere to any legal and health and safety requirements is suspended from circuit as breach of contract
• Recognises that by the nature of our business, we may at times carry out information or items that are highly sensitive and confidential , acknowledges and respects this
• Suggestions to your Line Manager in how to improve service delivery
• Proactively monitoring of Fleet levels to ensure the Service Centre is adequately resourced to meet changing customer requirements
• Update the existing Fleet databases with changes and the status of each driver, including the recruitment on and off circuit through the i-Fleet application
• Scan receipt of goods ready for daily warehouse operation
• Service Engineers collecting warehouse goods
• Replenishing stock
• Stock Control – including weekly/monthly stock checks
• Stock picks – ensuring all pick requests of stock from warehouse are picked within SLA ready for dispatch or Engineer collection
The successful applicant will have the following:
• Sound geographical knowledge of the local area as well as in the UK
• Good customer service skills involving daily customer contact
• Works well under pressure
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Desired skills include Excel, Word and Outlook
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• People management skills
• Attention to Details
• Customer and quality focus
Salary: £19,000 to £20,000 DOE
This is a permanent position, working 07.00 to 17.00, Monday to Friday, 45 hours per week
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please apply online with a Covering Letter and CV.
No Agencies Please.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.