QUALITY MANAGER required
Major Supplier Of Domestic Lighting For Retail
Quality Manager required to provide technical support/liaison between the company’s UK-based commercial and product development departments, off-shore manufacturing facilities and specific customer’s buying offices. Responsibility will be assumed for all areas of product safety, quality and legal compliance along with other quality, ethical and environmental processes/standards as required.
- Preparation/scheduling of test laboratory sample submissions and resolving any subsequent non-compliances found during testing.
- Liaising with product design and development to pre-empt possible test failures.
- Origination and maintenance of appropriate technical files/archives.
- Working with suppliers overseas to ensure relevant technical standards are met and understood.
- Assisting factories in preparation for 3rd party audits and ensuring necessary corrective actions are planned/implemented.
- Preparing technical documentation for use during 3rd party pre-shipment inspections.
- Proofing of technical product labeling, packaging and consumer installation instruction manuals.
- Establishing traceability of natural materials to source and verifying sustainability claims.
Ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role supplying home wares or electrical products into retail.
- Have a thorough understanding of current legislation affecting consumer products including LVD, GPSR, REACH, RoHS, WEEE, Packaging Waste etc.
- Have experience of social compliance and technical factory auditing both in the UK and overseas plus knowledge of SEDEX.
- Have a strong attention to detail, be well organized and able to work unsupervised to tight deadlines.
Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.