Chemical Operative / Chemical Production Operator
Job Title: Chemical Operative
Position: 6 months contract, with possible extension thereafter, Full Time 8am to 4.30pm, though additional hours may be required as per the needs of the business
The company is a multinational Chemical Manufacturing business that provides their customers with a world-class service and advice on creating products to their specific requirements. Their Chemical Manufacturing Plant in Middlesbrough is now looking for a Chemical Operative to join their Operations Team.
Your role will be to provide effective support to the team leaders and managers in achieving all operational measures and targets. The Company is looking for a friendly, enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude. This is a very exciting opportunity to join a growing, multinational company leading the charge in the chemical industry.
- Ensure Compliance to the highest standards of Health, Safety, and Environmental performance across the site manufacturing/Warehouse areas. This will include COSHH procedures consistent with regulations and company policy.
- Deliver finished goods from the production line to the warehouse efficiently as per the site production schedules.
- Use process knowledge and competence to ensure production and quality are delivered effectively.
- Assist in the manufacture, packing labelling and despatch of products and blends.
- Assist in ensuring that Production plan is on track, tackling issues as they arise and reporting and managing any non-conformance and the reasons why in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all tasks are undertaken in accordance with the necessary procedures.
- Handling of incoming bulk road tankers, packed goods, empty packaging and raw materials.
- Follow internal and or customer own recipe product blends.
- Fill drums and IBC containers using mobile pump and meter.
- You will be responsible for product storage ensuring compliance with H&S regulations at all times.
- You will promote product integrity and security.
- You will be responsible for loading and off loading road Barrels.
- You will be fully conversant with and take responsibility for those sections of our Integrated Management System in which you are involved.
- You will Participate in training programmes and initiative as required to perform their duties to the required level of competence as the role requires.
- Any other relevant duties as reasonably required by the business.
Key Requirements (Essential - E, Desirable - D):
- Counter balance forklift truck licence (D).
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (E).
- Have experience in using static pumps and meters for the transfer of product (D).
- NVQ2 or above in chemical operations (D).
- A safety qualification gained in your relevant field (D).
- Problem solver and motivator (E).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines (E).
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm with a "can-do" attitude (E).
- Professional, efficient, flexible, patient, punctual and pro-active (E).
- Leads by example in setting a safe culture in the workplace and maintaining high standards (E).
- Takes ownership of actions and responsibilities (E).
- Numeracy and literacy skills (E).
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Person, Goods Inwards Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Process Operative, Processing Assistant, Line Operative, Production Operative, Servicing Operative, Forklift Licence, Warehouse Driver, FLT Driver, Warehouse Components, Distribution Assistant, Logistics Assistant, Logistics Operative, Distribution Operative, Chemical Engineering Graduate, Graduate Chemist, Manufacturing Operative, Chemical Manufacturing, Chemical Production, Chemical Engineer, Production Operative, Chemical Production, Production Technician, Process Operator, will also be considered for this role.