Online Entertainment Reporter
Online Entertainment Reporter - Based in Cheltenham
£Competitive plus company benefits
Gloucestershire Live is seeking to recruit an online entertainment reporter to join our lifestyle and "What's On" team. You will be responsible for covering and building an audience around Gloucestershire's exciting music, food, drink and festival scene, as well as producing compelling lifestyle features. You will have a flair for writing and a nose for finding a good story. We are looking for someone who excels when it comes to digital, and has experience with video, live blogging and social media.
You will also receive full journalism training including NCTJ or equivalent exams.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing over six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
- To spot breaking entertainment and lifestyle stories and source exclusives
- Work closely with the lifestyle editor to develop story and feature ideas
- To use social media to spot and promote stories, as well as interact with readers
- To come up with content plans around large events and festivals happening in the region
- To produce clean, compelling copy to daily and hourly deadlines
- To be an ambassador for Gloucestershire Live at events
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong writing skills and experience of writing for a digital audience
- Up-to-date media law knowledge
- Strong track record and understanding of SEO techniques
- Good understanding of how content is shared and promoted through social media
- Experience of using search analytics to identify digital audience and content trends
- Interest in and knowledge of the local entertainment scene
- Full driving licence
What you need to know:
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary (depending on experience), 25 days annual leave and a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.