Textile recycling operative / Support Worker
JOB DESCRIPTION SUPPORT WORKER / TEXTILE RECYCLING OPERATIVE
Location: Rhyl Denbighshire Title: Textile recycling operative / Support Worker
Reports To: Senior Support Worker / Manager
Hours: Monday to Wednesday 9.00/4.00 but with some flexible working hours covering holidays etc. Living Wage or Minimum wage depending on age
To apply email me a CV and supporting letter if shortlisted you will be required to complete an application form.
The role and purpose of the job
- You will be responsible for the kerbside collection of textiles donated by the public as part of our recycling initiative undertaken in partnership with Denbighshire County Council. You will be driving transit van sized vehicles to undertake this process. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU ARE AN EXPERIENCED DRIVER WITH NO DRIVING RELATED CONVICTIONS.
- We collect across the county from approximately 25,000 houses.
- You will support adults with learning disabilities to collect bags and replenish with new bags houses that donate.
- The textiles are then brought back to our sorting centre in Rhyl, where they are graded and sorted either for sale in our shop or for onward recycling via a textile merchant.
- You will also collect textiles from our clothing banks distributed around the county.
- Periodically we have to distribute new bags to all households across the county who recycle via the blue bin scheme. You will also be involved in this bag distribution process.
- On occasions, you may also be required to work in our clothes shop in Rhyl that sells some of the items we have recycled.
- Working within a team to collect textile from kerbside donation and textile banks to enable us to maintain our supply chain and keep our shop fully stocked.
- Ensure people’s active participation in recycling activities on a day-to-day basis whilst maintaining their safety and well-being in a busy kerbside collection environments. Duties are carried out in accordance with our Health and Safety Policy across all working environments.
- Vocational profiles of individuals keeping personal files updated
- Assist when necessary in transport arrangements including driving and escort duties
- Assist when necessary at meal times
- Attend team meetings and meetings concerning individuals supported
- Liaise with family/carers/agencies when necessary
- Covering colleagues work during illness or leave periods
- Attend training as directed by Manager
- Keep accurate paperwork in relation to all matters
- Other relevant duties as directed
Andy Lowe (Managing Director Co-Options)