IT Service Desk Support Analyst/ 2nd Line IT Support Technician
Job Title: Second Line Service Desk Support Analyst
Location: Patcham, Brighton
The company has an excellent opportunity for someone with previous help desk experience and is eager to further develop their career within the IT industry. Working as part of a team you will join a fast-growing busy IT Company that provide technical support services to SMEs throughout the UK on IT and telecoms products and services. In this role, you will respond to phone calls and tickets covering the installations and maintenance of the companies growing client base. These solutions include but not limited to Windows Server platforms, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Cloud Solutions, VMWare, routing, networking and desktop support. This requirement includes a high attention to detail, good organisation and ability to work as part of a team.
Your Responsibilities Will Require Skill in the Following Areas:
- Friendly and responsive telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems under pressure, prioritising effectively
- Excellent time keeping
- Good first time fix rate
Technologies You Will Require Experience Of:
- Microsoft Operating Systems (desktop and server 2003 - 2016)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365 (licensing, setup, diagnosis)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- VMware Esxi/VCentre Server
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP etc.
- VPNs, Router and Firewalls
- Networking - WAN, LAN, Security, SSL, IP Routing, Switching
- Anti-Virus platforms such as Trend Micro
- Backup solutions (Windows Backup, Acronis, Veeam)
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career further in the IT and telecoms industry.
What to Expect:
- You will provide technical support from their primary base in Patcham, Brighton between the hours of 9:00am and 5:30pm.
- An excellent telephone manner is essential and although you will not be customer facing you must be smart and presentable
- The successful applicant will be someone who has good experience in solving IT related problems with at least 2 years in a similar position
- Microsoft qualifications are beneficial although not a necessity. Training will be provided; however in order to be successful in this role, self-learning is essential.
Please click the APPLY now button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/SBS, Exchange 2007/10/13, Microsoft Office 2007-2016/365, Windows 7/8/10, VMware, Virtualisation, SAN, Microsoft SQL 2005-2014, LAN/WAN/IPSec/MPLS, Printers, IT Analyst, IT Lead, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, IT Manager, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line IT Support, Desktop Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support will also be considered for this role.