Project Support Officer
New opportunity not to be missed! Weir Minerals have an exciting opportunity for a Project Support Officer to join our team based in Todmorden. We are offering a competitive salary.
Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group plc, the business has been established for over 100 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries. The company has seen significant sustained revenue growth with output rising from £31million to circa £130million within the last 6 years. Based in the North West of England we are a well established company that is growing year on year. Our organisation currently has 800 employees throughout Europe with over 400 based in Todmorden, which sits on the edge of both Lancashire and West Yorkshire.
The Project Support Officer Role
The Project Support Officer (PSO) The PSO is a critical role in the Project Management office, spear-heading the Project Management Operating Framework. The PSO will act as the gate keeper, defining whether a potential contract is managed/unmanaged by the Project Management team; monitoring and updating the Project Register, managing meeting and reporting schedules and submitting key documents to customers in a timely and structured manner.
You will organise and guide the flow of documents for projects to customers worldwide, based on the customer agreed specifications and deadlines, and supports the PMO where necessary.
Key Responsibilities as our Project Support Officer:
- Sets in consultation with the project manager and the project engineer the Vendor Document List (VDL) including expiration dates on both documentation from suppliers and internal manufacturing documentation
- Attend the order confirmation meeting in order to identify projects which are to be managed and update the project register accordingly
- Maintain and update the Project Register and assist in the process of allocating the departmental work load for current and new projects
- Assist the project managers with maintaining and updating the Project Board Reports as necessary
- Maintain and update the top level overview of projects within the department on a regular basis for review by the Project team and Project Board
- Attend the project board meetings and maintain the action log from the meeting
- Translates the operations and supply chain planning into project schedules and progress reports during both the bidding and the contract execution phase
- Evaluates the existing document control system and responsible for considering alternative systems to streamline the documentation flow from engineering and suppliers to our customers
- Monitors incoming and outgoing documents in a system that includes an overview of the status of the documents
- Detects deviations and delays in the planning document and communicate this within the PMO
- Plans both internal and external project meetings and invites in accordance with the contract customers and / or surveyors from notified bodies
- Supports the project managers where possible in the preparation and distribution of project reports
- Performs at the behest of the project managers changes in the order administration and management of the project folder structure on the network
- Continuously improving the efficiency in the PMO
- Prepare and maintain a calendar of when specific Advanced payment and performance bonds are due to be raised and initiates the actions to ensure that this is completed on time
Our ideal Project Support Officer:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Fully proficient in MS Office programs, minimum MS Word, MS Excel (including VBA) and MS Project
- Excellent Project Administration skills
- Fluent verbal and written skills in English language
- Degree in Engineering or Business is advantageous
- The ability to grow into a Project Manager role over time
In return we offer the following salary and benefits:
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- Employee Benefits Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Project Support Officer.