Senior Mechanical Engineer
New opportunity not to be missed! Weir Minerals have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team based in Todmorden. We are offering a competitive salary.
Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group plc, the business has been established for over 100 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries. The company has seen significant sustained revenue growth with output rising from £31million to circa £130million within the last 6 years. Based in the North West of England we are a well established company that is growing year on year. Our organisation currently has 800 employees throughout Europe with over 400 based in Todmorden, which sits on the edge of both Lancashire and West Yorkshire.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer Role
Working with this vibrant and busy this role will be reporting to the Engineering Manager for Process Equipment, the successful candidate will be required to head the design verification function for Weir Minerals Europe and also be responsible for implementation and maintenance of EU/CE legislation for process equipment such as hydro cyclone clusters, vibrating screens, classifiers and sand and aggregate processing plant.
Key Responsibilities as our Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Design verification must be undertaken to ensure it is completed within contract timescales and with the highest level of accuracy.
- Assist with departmental projects regarding CE legislation including PED, ATEX and Construction Products Regulations
- Responsibility for CE marking of Process Equipment
- Responsibility for design optimization via Finite Element Method and hand calculation where necessary
- Reviewing technical specifications for large tenders
Our ideal Senior Mechanical Engineer:
You must have a sound mechanical engineering background with several years experience – preferably Chartered - in a Senior Mechanical Engineering role comfortable with Design verification; preference will be given to candidates with experience of any of the following:
- Finite Element analysis using Siemens NX/Nastran
- Experience of continuous improvement exercises within Engineering Departments
- Experience with EU/CE legislation including PED, ATEX and PED
- Medium/heavy duty rotating equimpment (e.g Pumps & Gearboxes)
- Mineral processing and sand and aggregate processing equipment (e.g. hydrocyclone clusters, classifiers, vibrating screen machines
- General experience in fabrication design verification such as walkways, towers, chutes for processing industries, tanks/hoppers, pressure vessels to PED etc.
- Major 3D CAD system, ideally Siemens NX
- TeamCenter PLM
- Engineering software e.g. MathCAD, MatLAB.
- SAP experience
In return we offer the following salary and benefits:
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- Employee Benefits Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Senior Mechanical Engineer.