Graduates - Cover Supervisor Roles - Wirral & Cheshire
Excell Supply are seeking graduates to join us to work in the Wirral and Cheshire areas as Cover Supervisors. We offer a range of day to day, short and long term work in a variety of mainstream secondary schools starting in September.
Cover Supervisors play a valuable role in many Secondary Schools by supervising lessons in a Teacher’s absence and ensuring that pupils continue with the work set. You are not required to have specialist knowledge of the subjects covered or expected to plan lessons, however prior experience of working with young people is essential. Most importantly you will need a passion for education!
For those considering a teaching career it is an excellent way of gaining classroom experience and will enhance PGCE applications.
The role includes:
- Covering lessons in place of an absent teacher
- Supervising behaviour
- Supporting students in their work
- Reporting any safeguarding concerns to the relevant person
- Flexible work hours
- Visiting secondary mainstream schools across the Wirral and Cheshire areas
- Reporting to the Cover Manager in school
Successful candidates will:
- Have excellent behaviour management and interpersonal skills in order to establish great working relationships with schools and pupils
- Have experience and confidence in working with children and younger people
- Be flexible and willing to travel
- Ideally have a driving licence and access to your own transport
- Be passionate about educating and supporting children with a range of ability levels
- Have a degree or be an experienced coach with a coaching qualification
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be able to provide a reference demonstrating your ability to train/coach/teach/support young children or young people within the last year
Why Excell Supply?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Day to day, short and long term to permanent opportunities
- Part time or full time work to fit around your lifestyle
- Feel part of a team with regular networking opportunities
- Access to Professional Development
- Staffed by education professionals including former Senior Leadership teachers
- Professional and ethical approach to business
- Dedicated consultant who will listen to your needs
Excell Supply are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment vetting checks.
Excell Supply are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.