Graduate Site & Operations Assistant
Ultimate Products Ltd are currently looking for a motivated and career-driven graduate to join our HR & Operations team in the role of Site and Operations Assistant. The position is part of our long-standing Graduate Development Scheme.
Working within our dynamic HR & Operations team at our UK HQ, you will undergo a dedicated training programme whereby you will learn and observe first-hand the operational processes of the Company, starting on our Reception desk and gradually gaining more responsibility in the wider Company. This fast-paced and challenging role offers excellent learning potential, allowing you to develop a solid platform of knowledge and build a strong career.
Based in Greater Manchester, Ultimate Products has experienced huge growth on account of its branded strategy, adding brand names such as Beldray, Russell Hobbs, Progress and Salter to our extensive portfolio. With a focus on branded products including Housewares, Electrical and Audio items, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices. Our retail customers include Asda, Tesco, B&M, Matalan and TK Maxx.
As a graduate trainee within our Graduate Scheme, you are provided with a role-specific personal development plan, regular reviews and feedback plus one-to-one and group training sessions. If you’re a recent graduate or due to graduate in 2017, our trainee roles offer a unique opportunity for practical experience and career progression.
- Key Areas of Responsibility
As Graduate Site & Operations Assistant, you will provide key support to the Operations and HR teams by completing core administrational processes and operational work. Areas you will be involved in cover site operations, reception/front of house, absence management, recruitment, training and development for our current staff.
HR & Operational Support
- Assisting the Operations team with core procedures including:
- Managing the site facilities servicing with key suppliers
- Booking contractors to complete work
- Monitoring operational costs
- Researching new suppliers and contractors
- Working with the maintenance teams to keep the sites facilities procedures organised and up to date
- Assisting the HR department with core procedures including:
- Screening CV’s & applications to assess their suitability,
- Booking interviews,
- Referencing new employees and following other key aspects of the recruitment process
- Assisting with the planning and completion of Careers events
- Assisting with our social media platforms including Facebook & LinkedIn
- Assisting with key site and H&S procedures
- Assisting with administration of the company Graduate Scheme and Staff Training procedures
- Ordering all stationery for the company on a weekly basis
- Manage the company travel and accommodation requirements for key periods (shows and exhibitions) and for the Board Directors
- Assisting HR with the management of the company fleet of vehicles
- Assisting the HR Director with site facilities management including maintaining relationships with our suppliers for vending machines, cleaners, post and food refreshments
Reception Desk and Front of House
- Managing the switchboard efficiently, answering all telephone calls and transferring calls
- Welcoming visitors and assisting visitors with requests such as refreshments and transport booking
- Coordinating the meeting room booking process, keeping each room well stocked and presentable
- Receiving delivery of all day to day post and distribute accordingly.
- Receiving and registering courier deliveries plus sending out any couriers requests from staff.
Exhibitions, Showroom, Customer & Director Support
- To ensure that all stock levels for the Showroom, meeting rooms and kitchens are maintained
- To assist other departments (Sales, Online, QA, Accounts, Shipping) with other administrational duties from time to time
Our graduates play a key part in today’s business and in the development of the Company for the future. With over 80 graduates now enrolled on the scheme, we have a proven track record of providing dedicated training, support and career guidance to our trainees. Our roles are ideal for recent grads aiming to utilise their skills within a professional and commercial environment.
Our ideal candidate
- Recent degree essential, at classification 2:2 or above
- Minimum 6 months work experience, ideally within an office-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and confidence speaking with people face to face/ over the phone
- Well organised, hardworking and reliable
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Adaptable with a "do what it takes" attitude to completing tasks within set deadlines
- Mature and able to work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Lives locally or willing to commute
Fit our criteria?
Our Graduate Development Scheme offers the opportunity for graduates to get their foot in the door in a variety of challenging and rewarding industries. If you’re looking for a new career path or to set out on the career ladder, we want to hear from you!
To apply, submit your CV and covering letter to our recruitment team and we’ll get back to you if your application is successful.
And to learn more about all things UP including our Graduate Development Scheme, Staff Benefits, Brands, Product divisions and more... check out our website www.upgs.com
Follow us! To receive updates from our very own grads and to be in the know of all our current opportunities, follow our Twitter page @UPGS_Trainees