Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist
As a Barclays Business Customer Service Specialist you will be responsible for delivering a world class customer service to our Barclays Business clients. You will build effective relationships through trust, confidence and reliable support across the business network, working collaboratively with Senior Business Managers.
Working from our office at Gadbrook Park, Northwich, you will join us at an exciting time as we drive change in the market to become the digital leader and 'go-to' bank. We are investing in our employees now in order to support our international business through a period of significant growth over the next two to three years. You will help our customers get the best that Barclays has to offer, and you’ll get the same in return. We’re not just talking about valuable benefits like great bonus potential, private healthcare, childcare savings, and a huge range of employee discounts. You’ll also enjoy a unique company spirit that believes in giving people the freedom to do a great job today, and the support to reach their biggest ambitions in the future.
As a Barclays Business Customer Service Specialist, your main responsibilities will include:
• Delivering a personalised, expert, quality-driven service to Barclays Business customers.
• Providing a first-class experience for all our customers, demonstrating ownership of all queries and acting as the first point-of-contact for all their day-to-day banking requirements, using various communication methods.
• Acting on client prompts to capture data, and making changes to accounts in line with agreed procedures across the Service Centre.
• Capturing customer information during calls to develop an understanding of the customer’s needs.
As a Barclays Business Customer Service Specialist, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Adaptability in your approach and attitude.
• The ability to work calmly and constructively under pressure.
• An understanding of the importance of meeting and exceeding client expectations.
• Confidence in your ability to talk to clients in detail on our products, services and channels.
• A strong level of computer literacy and proficient keyboard skills.
• A commitment to provide a world-class service and drive our dedication to the client experience.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.