Junior Technician - Fire Surveyor
This is a fantastic opportunity for a young ambitious individual to join a leading independent Fire Engineering and Fire Risk Management Consultancy based in Kenley, Surrey.
Working alongside our Fire Engineers and Fire Surveyors you will be responsible for assisting collating documents and producing fire safety drawings for inclusion in client's reports. For the right individual, training will be provided in Computer Aided Design (using the latest AutoCAD software). Training will also be provided to allow you to develop an understanding of fire safety risk assessment with opportunities to develop further in the future. Day release on relevant building or fire related courses may be considered for the right individual.
Ideally ‘A' level or BTEC qualifications are required, however you must have a good grade in Maths, English & DT at GCSE. You must also have -
• A good understanding of computer technology and keyboard skills (inc MS Office).
• Demonstrate an ability to multi task and adhere to deadlines.
• Show good attention to detail.
• Knowledge of technical drawing or similar would be advantageous.
• Have an understanding and an eye for presentation.
• Have excellent communications skills - written and spoken.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn progress and advance.
• Demonstrate good time keeping.
As one of the UK's leading Fire Engineering and Fire Risk Management Consultancies, Lawrence Webster Forrest Ltd have established an enviable reputation for achieving high standards of fire safety design, using the latest developments in fire engineering technology.
Life, property and business protection measures are designed to satisfy both the approval authority and relevant fire brigades, as well as meet the duty of care of the designer and end user occupier.
Extensive experience has been gained in many aspects of fire engineering including the interpretation of building codes, integrated fire strategy, means of escape studies, evacuation modelling, fire modelling, smoke movement and smoke control design; quantified fire risk assessment and hazard analysis.