Mobile Cleaning Supervisor
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join Kingdom working as a Mobile Cleaning Supervisor, North West, covering the Greater Manchester region specifically.
Job Purpose / Primary Objective
To proactively manage various portfolios within the Greater Manchester Area. Providing the highest quality of service delivery, specifically in terms of cleaning standards. Acting as a support mechanism for the on-site cleaning teams, facilitating our customers to operate within a clean environment are of paramount importance to this role
You will support sites by providing cover where necessary to carry out a range of cleaning activities, ordering materials / consumables and conduct monthly audits with the client, subsequently implementing / managing and monitoring corrective actions as appropriate in order to maintain and improve upon service standards.
You will also:
- Ensure that all sites are cleaned to the contractual specification at all times
- Maintain Health and Safety standards at all times.
- Ensure equipment is cleaned, maintained and stored correctly
- Responsibility to ensure the appropriate specification, audit log, data sheets, RAMS, Training plans and records, Inventory and other information is in place.
- Deal with any customer requests promptly and courteously
- Maintain accurate records, complete and circulate the daily, weekly and monthly checklist reports to the RBM for distribution to relevant parties
- Support internal colleagues within our Ops support centre, ensuring all variances to shifts are logged.
- Liaising with our Recruitment Department to interview and recruit staff for all vacancies within your remit
- Support to the wider team as required
- Ensure colour coding systems are followed at all times by your staff.
- Previous cleaning experience, ideally within a cleaning environment
- A full UK driving license (Company van supplied)
- Professional, friendly and polite
- Attention to detail
- Valid First Aid at Work qualification (not compulsory - training will be provided)
- Prior customer service experience
- Adaptable to change and flexible to working hours
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proactive with a can-do attitude, has initiative and can work within given time frames
Your working hours will be 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day, Monday - Friday 08.00 am - 17.00 pm (maybe required to work overtime during the week).
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 961731555 / INDHP