Deputy Nurse Manager
We are recruiting for an ambitious Deputy Nurse Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire to join a charity led nursing care home, who promote physical, social and spiritual wellbeing to elderly residents. Each individual is encouraged to remain independent within a welcoming environment that promotes personal privacy and individuality. Located just outside a picturesque bustling town, this home benefits from beautiful gardens and excellent facilities, including sensory rooms, summer house, conservatories, a chapel and several lounges.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Deputy Nurse Manager who wants to join a unique service, which is constantly improving and developing. You will work alongside the Home Manager to lead and train a dedicated team of carers and nurses, who are passionate about what they do.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Actively promote and encourage personal independence
- Support the Home Manager with initial assessments
- Ensure all monthly audits and regular reviews of care plans are undertaken
- Take an active role in disciplinary measures and appraisals
- Recruitment, training, supervision and appraisal of the team
- Follow nursing home policy in respect of custody and administration of all drugs
- Ensure that accurate care records are maintained in accordance with agreed policy
- Ensure that the service meets and exceeds CQC Regulatory Standards
What will you need to be a Deputy Nurse Manager?
- Be a Registered Nurse, with an active PIN (RGN, RMN)
- Demonstrate a proven background of managing a large clinical staff team including nurses
- A strong passion and commitment to enhance the specialist services delivered
- Strong leadership and management qualities
If you are interested in this unique opportunity and your skills match the brief above, please click on ‘Apply’ and we will contact you to discuss further.