Are you an experienced Electrical Engineer looking for an exciting new challenge with a leading business? If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Cardiff Energy Recovery Facility for an Electrical Engineer to join the team, working 45 hours a week.
The Electrical Engineer Role
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for all electrical engineering and maintenance with some aspects of mechanical engineering at the Trident Park Energy from Waste Plant, in co-operation with the Mechanical and C & I Engineers. On a daily basis. This will involve:
- Co-ordinate, schedule and plan maintenance activities during planned and unplanned shutdowns
- Creation of detailed scopes of work / Engineering Specifications ready to be sent out to tender
- Manage statutory inspections ensuring all documentation is completed and up to date
- Management of the electrical maintenance workshop
- Ensure the plant Maintenance Management System is utilised to its full potential
- Responsible for all on site electrical documentation
- Control a Safe System of Working to ensure activities are carried out in a safe manner
- Work as part of a management team striving for continual improvement
The Ideal Electrical Engineer
- Experience in supervising teams and contractors to deliver agreed KPI’s
- Knowledge of repair methods of Electrical equipment
- Knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Systems
- Possess appropriate Engineering qualifications such as HNC/HND, Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Hold or working towards the position of Senior Authorised Person (SAP) or Prime Duty Holder and qualified to work on both LV and HV electrical systems
In return for your hard work as our Electrical Engineer, you will receive a competitive salary of between £50,000 and £58,000 per annum as well as an attractive benefits package, working for a company that strives to be socially, environmentally different.
If you have the skills and experience to become our Electrical Engineer, we want to hear from you! Click APPLY now to view the full role profile.
Closing Date: 3rd July 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.