Engineering Specialist / Manufacturing Engineer
Job Title: Engineering Specialist
Location: Bishops Stortford, Herts (CM23)
Salary: £29,000 - £32,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time. Permanent
Hours: Monday - Friday (39 hours per week)
The Company are makers of the finest lawn mowers for over 70 years. Many models are designed and made in Hertfordshire, England to this day.
They are currently recruiting for an Engineering Specialist to join their team based at their Spellbrook Site in Bishops Stortford. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager or Principal Engineering Specialist you will be required to support the engineering team with designing, prototyping and testing components and machines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs functional evaluations of prototypes. Documents the results of the evaluation. Evaluates field failures to determine root cause. Works with suppliers to further evaluate failed components.
- Carry out test programs and field trials
- Construct prototypes per the design requirements. Work with suppliers to order the parts and components required to produce the prototypes.
- Liaise effectively and work efficiently with other members of the Design / Development team
- Assists department engineering staff in design, construction and development of specialized test stands
- Some travel may be required to local field test sites along with remote test locations for data acquisition or performance evaluations
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Supports company Quality Policy by working within the documented Quality System. Responsible for the operation of the quality system, addresses ISO 9000 within their respective area. Participates in quality initiatives and training as needed.
- Communicates with Legal, Marketing, Market Research, Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Grade 10 - Technical Degree or 0-3 years related experience.
- Grade 11 - Technical Degree or a minimum of 3 years' experience
- Grade 12 - Technical Degree or a minimum of 5 years' experience This classification is for an individual recognized as a technical leader with demonstrated capabilities related to design, prototyping and testing.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Engineering Specialist, Principal Engineering Specialist, Senior Engineer, Technical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Development Engineer, Prototype Engineer, Components Engineer, Senior Manufacturing Engineer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Engineering Specialist / Manufacturing Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly