Transport Manager / Planner
Canute is looking for a Transport Manager/ Planner to work with the existing team in looking after the Transport operations at our Gamston Depot.
The Canute Group continue to be one of the fastest growing, global supply chain providers operating today providing a range of logistic solutions including road haulage, freight forwarding, supply chain management and storage solutions.
This role is primarily responsible for the cost- effective management of the vehicle fleet and the execution of customer delivery schedules in a timely and efficient manner.
As a Transport Manager/ Planner your duties and responsibilities will be:
- The management of the Transport Operations on a daily basis in line within agreed budgets
- The resolution of day to day operational issues regarding drivers, deliveries & vehicles
- The ability to co-ordinate fleet and other resources to ensure maximization of revenue and daily / weekly delivery volumes and customer schedules are met
- The management of the vehicle fleet:- maintenance / roadworthiness / cleanliness / legal compliance / defect & damage repair / accident reporting and procedures efficiency and utilization
- The planning of routes, the processing of runs through GTS, the allocation of drivers & vehicles, pre-brief & debrief transactions, data collation and other Transport Office activities
- Analysis of reasons for variance of actual deliveries versus the planned schedules
- Driver performance management & communication
- Driver legal compliance, health and safety, accident reporting, WTD.
- Timely and accurate provision of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reports & KPIs to meet Canute and customer reporting requirements
- The maintenance of adequate loss prevention measures for the site, including access controls & product & property security
- The meeting of all Canute and customer Standard Operating procedures and contractual responsibilities
- The generation of new ideas to achieve results
- General administrative duties
The ability to co-ordinate the resolution of operational issues whilst clearly communicating between the customer and Canute personnel is key, as is the need to be able to work flexibly across all shifts and work the hours necessary to complete all required activities.
An ideal Transport Manager/ Planner will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Have considerable experience managing a busy Transport Operation and preferably hold a National and International CPC.
- Have excellent working knowledge of Driving Hours & Working Time Directive rules & regulations and their application in the Transport environment
- Be accustomed to dealing with fast paced environments in a calm, diplomatic and reasoned manner
- Have well developed communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels (drivers, office and warehouse staff & customers)
- Possess well developed organization & commercial skills
- Be calm under pressure, reliable and adaptable with a flexible attitude towards hours and shift patterns
- Have an attitude and general predisposition towards high levels of customer service along with the drive and commitment to deliver a world class service.
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 971711506 / INDHP