Python Web Developer
Job Title: Python Web Developer
Location: Brighton (Falmer)
Salary: £Dependant on Experience
Position: Fixed Term (3-6 months extendable)
About the Brand and Company
Our client is a leading Flood Risk Assessment (FRA) and risk modelling consultancy. They operate internationally and produce high flood risk data, flood maps, risk maps, perils data and reports for the land and property sector, insurance companies, utilities and governments. From its inception over 15 years ago, this company has grown to become a renowned global leader in flood modelling and flood risk consultancy.
They are looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for developing a fully automated quoting system on a Linux server. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating functionality into the front-end interface with support from your co-workers; therefore, a strong understanding of front-end technologies is necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with working on Linux Ubuntu OS
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of Flask Python web framework
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries such as SQLAlchemy
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Good understanding of server-side Jinja 2 templating
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL Database design and PostGIS spatial queries
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with a Python open source Word or PDF API such as DocxFactory
If you have the relevant skills required and feel this could be the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list*