First Steps, part of Chichester College has positions available for a Childcare Officer to join the team based at our Bersted campus in Bognor Regis on a full time permanent basis working 37 hours per week. The successful candidate will receive a salary of £16,793 - £17,822 per annum.
First Steps Nursery offers professional day care facilities for children from newborn to age five with subsidised rates for staff. First Steps is open for 51 weeks of the year with a core opening time of 7.30am to 6.00pm. It is closed only for Bank Holidays and the week between Christmas and the New Year.
As our Childcare Officer you will be dedicated to providing a high level of care and education, ensuring the children receive the best possible play opportunities and experiences. This is an ideal developmental opportunity for an experienced practitioner.
Responsibilities as our Childcare Officer
- Ensure the children are happy, settled and well cared for, ensuring all their individual needs (including dietary and health) are met and to keep accurate records.
- Ensure that every child reaches his/her full potential within the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Work as part of a team to ensure effective and appropriate communication with parents, carers, members of staff and external agencies.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the unit and operate in accordance with the Ofsted Guidelines.
- Assist with all activities in the nursery as requested by senior staff.
- Be involved in decisions regarding movements of the children and allocation of key workers giving the appropriate guidance and support where necessary.
- Act as a mentor for students and apprentices on training placements.
- Insure health, hygiene and safety standards are maintained.
- Respect and maintain the working environment and resources.
- Adhere to all First Steps operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure key worker files are maintained to a satisfactory standard.
- Assist in the completion of probationary and apprentice reviews.
- Actively contribute to team and staff meetings.
Our ideal Childcare Officer will have the below skills and experience:
- Have a recognised Level 3 qualification in Early Childhood Studies (or equivalent)
- Have an organised, professional and flexible approach
Closing date: 6 July 2017
Interview date: 21 July 2017
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Childcare Officer then please click ‘Apply’ today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists, any relevant overseas checks and a self-declaration relating to the disqualification by association regulations.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.