Chichester College has an opportunity for a Assistant Librarian to join the team based at our Chichester campus on a part time, permanent basis working 20 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (paid for 45.6 weeks). The successful Assistant Librarian will receive a salary pro rata of £18,358 - £20,068 per annum (i.e. £8,701.92 - £9,512.48 per annum).
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Assistant Librarian you will liaise directly with curriculum staff to provide relevant resources, including cataloguing on the Library system, and research skills training. You will also ensure that the stock, services and environment of the Learning Resource Centre support student learning.
Key Responsibilities as our Assistant Librarian
- Liaise with curriculum staff in designated areas concerning the stock and services of the library.
- Provide front line customer service on the Enquiry and Loan Desks.
- Assist in the development and delivery of induction and information skills programmes both face-to-face and through electronic means.
- Support the development of electronic learning resources; including writing tutorials and information guides.
- Perform other professional duties, including stock acquisition and maintenance, as required.
- Help provide cover to other centres within Learning Resources as required.
- Monitor the Library environment, by ensuring an atmosphere conducive to learning and by monitoring the Library’s fabric, equipment and building services.
- Maintain and develop contacts with external library and/or FE institutions, and keep aware of relevant educational and resource-based trends.
Skills & Experience required of our Assistant Librarian:
- As a Qualified librarian you will have knowledge of web-based technologies to support learning
- Knowledge of Heritage Cirqa and the use of online learning resources in a further education context is desirable
- Qualifications in teaching would be advantageous
- Experience working within a customer focused library environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Powerpoint
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 13 July 2017
Interview date: 1 August 2017
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Assistant Librarian then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.