Senior Machine Operator
Senior Machine Operator Sheffield £30,000 p.a. + benefits
Senior Machine Operator for successful medical and aerospace components manufacturing company in Sheffield
As Senior Machine Operator you will support and troubleshoot CNC manufacturing processes for machining medical and aerospace components. The role is shop floor based and is practical and hands on with key responsibilities including:
- troubleshooting / problem solving CNC programs / processes
- setting / operating / troubleshooting 3+2 axis milling machines and Lathes with C+Y axis
- identify ways of improving productivity / supporting CI activities
- supporting production of operator instructions
- 80/20 hands on as a machinist
Our Sheffield based client is a successful contract manufacturing company with capabilities in net shape forging, precision CNC machining, photochemical etching and metal joining technologies. They have built an excellent reputation servicing clients in the medical, aerospace, defence and speciality commercial / industrial markets with high quality, tight tolerance precision components and assemblies.
As Senior Machine Operator, you will have an engineering background in a machine shop environment and/or hold a relevant qualification ( HND / HNC ). With experience of 3+2 axis milling / lathes / live lathe tooling / millturn programming you will also:
- be competent operating Heidenheim / Fanuc based machines
- have knowledge of lean techniques / implementation
- be effective at planning / prioritising / organising activities
- have experience of quality control systems / documentation
- be a good communicator / team player
The role requires 38 hours each week, alternating on a weekly basis between 2 shifts - 6am to 2pm and 2pm to10pm.
If you wish to be considered for the role of Senior Machine Operator, please forward your CV stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 272514RB.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: engineering CNC technician technology manufacturing metal machine operator manufacturing CI precision engineering tooling Heidenheim Fanuc HND engineering HNC Sheffield jobs
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.
Apply for Senior Machine Operator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly