Experienced Laboratory Analyst-Permanent
As a global leader, our client is committed to providing innovative solutions and exceptional support to organisations seeking to detect and deter the abuse of drugs and alcohol. They deliver cutting-edge testing systems to a wide variety of industries, including employers, government agencies, occupational health clinics, family lawyers, drug treatment and rehabilitation centres, and distributors.
The analysis of drugs of abuse in biological samples is conducted by either immunoassay, confirmatory techniques (such as GC/MS and LC/MS), or by a combination of both immunoassay and confirmatory techniques.
The role of the Experienced Laboratory Analysis is to undertake operations within the screening or confirmatory laboratories and to have responsibility for second review of confirmatory data or review of non-conforming work. Experienced Analysts must perform all analyses to appropriate safety standards, conform to current documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and must ensure that all analyses are carried out to the highest quality standard, whilst being completed in a timely manner.
The goal of the Experienced Laboratory Analyst is to ensure that all laboratory based results are accurate and timely and are entered into a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) in order that they can be delivered to customers within agreed timeframes or, in the case of some screening results, in order that the confirmatory process can be triggered. Chain of Custody procedures should be adhered to at all times to preserve the integrity of the sample.
Day to Day Duties:
- Undertake the day to day work programme in the laboratory to agreed deadlines and quality standards
- Ensure that analysis is completed and results are ready to be reviewed within agreed deadlines
- Processing of analytical data
- Assist in organising, prioritising and planning the day-to-day work programme in the laboratory to agreed deadline and quality standards
- Basic maintenance, calibration and 'trouble shooting' of analytical instruments
- Adherence to quality systems, including review and amendment of relevant SOPS as necessary
- Act as 'champion' of the importance of quality in the laboratory
- Assist in the preparation of reagents, calibration standards and control materials in accordance with relevant SOPs and logged within the appropriate logs
- Stock control and ordering to ensure adequate levels of 'in-date' reagents, chemicals and consumables, enabling monitoring of laboratory budgets, and to be able to explain purchases if asked to do so by accounts
- Assist with training, mentoring and supervising
- Continuous Improvement - to drive the improvement of existing analytical methods and the development of new methods
The successfully appointed Experienced Laboratory Analyst will be a Science Graduate or equivalent with 2 or more years in a laboratory environment with a good working knowledge of current analytical techniques.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Toxicology/drugs of abuse testing knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Office Package
- Good team work, both with direct peers and within the wider organisation
- Resilient manner, capable of working in a fast moving and busy environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Works flexibly and under pressure
How to apply
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this Experienced Laboratory Analyst position, please click on 'Apply' and upload your CV