Project Manager - Shop-fitting
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Shop-fitting Project Manager to join Project Solutions, the main and principal contracting arm of The Alan Nuttall Partnership Ltd. This position is office-based in the West Midlands with national travel
The Alan Nuttall Partnership Ltd specialises in interior fit-out and retail display. With almost 1 million square feet of dedicated production and logistics space, they design, manufacture and install signage, interiors and display equipment for all areas of food, retail, leisure, commercial, education and healthcare. Offering unique in-house testing facilities and extensive prototyping resources, they remain at the forefront of new product development, whilst offering tailored solutions built to client specification.
We require an experienced Project Manager to oversee high quality retail and commercial fit-out projects. Proven experience within a similar role is essential, as is the ability to run multiple projects.
As a Shop-fitting Project Manager you will be responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards and health and safety. Your key duties and responsibilities will be:
- Oversee each project from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, project objectives and plans and identification of resources required
- Create project teams, develop objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including budget management, tracking of team expenses and minimising exposure and risk
- Bringing about optimum utilisation of resources - labour, materials and equipment.
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts
- Ensure that activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Devise project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with contractors responsible for completing various phases of each project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include designers, architects, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Monitor progress and hold regular status meetings with all teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of sites.
- Ensure completion of project documents.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with clients and review deliverables
- Chair client and contractor pre contract and progress meetings
- Contract administration
An ideal Shop-fitting Project Manager will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in retail projects or similar
- Excellent communication skills.
- MS Project
- Ability to plan and organise a team effort.
- Good client management skills and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Willingness to travel nationwide
- Strong focus on quality.
- Commercially aware.
- Team player
- Account manager / handler
- Airport experience would be a benefit
- Health and Safety training to include:
- CSCS Card Holder
- Asbestos Awareness
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary dependent upon experience, plus:
- Fully expensed car,
- Mobile phone
- Company credit card
- Company pension.
For an opportunity to join our company please submit your CV online
recruitx ref: 961710952 / INDLP
Apply for Project Manager - Shop-fitting
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly