Sales Induction Trainer
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves. But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven.
We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the role
- Working within the Sales Department of our Manchester office, the Sales Induction Trainer role will be key to delivering sales inductions
- Outside of inductions, you will coach our existing sales team executives through blending a mix of sales theory, experience and practical solutions to deliver workshops that keep our sales executives performing
- Opportunities to design and implement training interventions to positively affect performance and add value to the overall sales department
- Opportunities to design and deliver soft skills workshops for our team managers as they advance in their careers
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- End to end ownership of the AO sales induction to place our new starters in the best position to join our academy teams
- Getting to grips with the development needs of existing sales agents and developing engaging and innovative solutions to increase their performance
- Working with the Sales Team Managers to help shape the coaching culture with the department
- Creating resources to make learning stick and keeping up to date with departmental and company-wide changes by liaising with key stakeholders
- Training, coaching and supporting our sales agents as they take their first steps into management
A few things about you
- Excellent presentation and training delivery skills
- Credible knowledge and experience in sales, coaching and training
- Sound coaching skills
- Content design experience using Microsoft Office packages
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relationship and rapport building skills at all levels
- Drive and energy to work at a fast pace
- Commitment and a growth mind-set
- Results focussed
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. It’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
- 33 days holiday pro rata : For a well-deserved rest (Including Bank Holidays)
- Attendance bonus: For a year well spent*
- Company Sick Pay: Support when you need it*
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Share Save Scheme: Something for a rainy day
- Discounts on AO products
- An enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption package: The best start for your family*
- Length of Service Holiday Bonus: More time to play*
- Death in Service: Knowing they’ll be taken care of
- 2 Make A Difference (MAD) Days: Give something back, do something amazing
- Free Snacks and Drinks
- Long Service Rewards: Our commitment to you, for your commitment to us*
(*Subject to start date or length of service)