Assistant Category Manager Procurement
Our client is looking for an additional member for their busy team, you will be responsible for implementing procurement policies and be responsible for a team member
Reporting to the Category Manager within a team of 10.
One person will be reporting to them-desirable if you have people managed before.
Purpose of the role
- To lead and deliver a professional Procurement service with a focus on the agreed service line, driving year on year improvements in service and cost savings/avoidance in nominated areas.
- To identify and deliver potential cost improvements and to contribute to the year on year profit improvement across the business as a whole.
- To promote the implementation of group wide policies, processes and procedures for strategic and operational procurement.
- To assist in the development and dissemination of standard procurement documentation.
- To develop and maintain the systems and solutions in line with the Procurement Policy.
- To develop a knowledge of Procurement and the business through working with the Category Managers and external parties e.g. CIPS, IOSH
Reports to : Category Manager
Responsible for : Category Assistant
- Day to day liaison with the Surveying and Operational Support Staff nationwide as required;
- Day to day liaison with the Category Manager and Procurement Manager as required
- Day to day liaison with Contractors and technical consultants as required
- Support and deliver divisional sourcing strategies through analysing business requirements, market investigations, contract formalisation and implementation under guidance.
- Responsible for reviewing spend and vendor performance across service line areas ensuring that appropriate contracts are in place as outlined in the company Procurement Policy
- To obtain up-to-date management information by vendor to analyse spend, identify trends and potential savings opportunities.
- To manage the Procurement systems to ensure it is populated with existing contract information and continually updated with new contract information improving the availability and awareness of procurement information and guidance via the available solutions.
- To support or lead all aspects of the tender process including analysing data and supply markets, supplier research and sourcing, organising contract specifications, preparing tender documents, negotiations and awarding contracts.