Our client is seeking a Warehouse Manager. You will be managing a team of 4 people. Candidates need to have strong personalities who can manage Warehouse workers. A personality where others will want to follow and be motivated by. A candidate who operates processes and people stick to them.
- Goods Inwards: overall responsibility for the goods inwards process which is to conform to SOP’s, Quality Management System and warehouse best practice.
- Goods Outwards: overall responsibility for the Goods Outwards process which is to conform to SOP, Quality Management System and warehouse best practice.
- Health & Safety: overall responsibility for ensuring a safe working environment through the implementation of the Health and Safety policy, Warehouse best practice and SSOW’s – this is to include weekly racking inspections and daily preventative maintenance checks are performed.
- Delegation/communication: effectively communicate the business needs / priorities to the relevant internal and external customers on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- In conjunction with Materials Manager facilitate a successful annual stock take.
- To maintain 5S standards in the warehouse and drive / support CI (continuous improvement) programmes as required.
- Inventory control: to manage stock across the various sites and maximise inventory accuracy via PI Checks and ensuring the warehouse team adhere to the FIFO stock rotation policy at all times.
- Transport: Booking of 3rd party transportation requirements – this is to include logistical requirements and all vehicle related safety checks, MOT’s, inspections and ensuring that the periodic download of driver and vehicle unit data (Tachograph) are compliant with VOSA legislation.
- Staff management including appraisal, training, development, disciplinary and T&A (Time & Attendance) reporting.
- Management Reporting – The production of periodic management reporting as per the needs of the Material Department.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- FLT and/or Bendi license.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory/ management experience.
- Experience of working to 5S or similar housekeeping standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge of warehouse Best Practice.
- Experience of working in an ISO 9001 accredited environment
- Experience of implementing/organising inventory control, PI & stock taking.
- Strong personality who can implement and sustain change within a team environment.
- Good standard of IT literacy.
- Verbal & written communication skills to enable the effective communication with internal & external customers.
- Experience of Health & Safety: including risk assessments, policies, procedures, safe working practices, audits, site inspections, inductions, training and surveillance.
- Customer driven mentality.
- IOSHH or similar Health and Safety qualification.
- Experience of working in an ISO 13485 accredited environment
- Experience of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Has worked in a similar role in a medical device/pharmaceutical/food manufacturing business.
- Experience in transport regulatory compliance i.e. VOSA
- Experience of working with third party transport providers.
- Pension, Parking
- People management, organisational skills, stock control, IT literacy, familiarity with ERP systems.
Apply for Warehouse Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly