Assistant Cafe Bar Manager
A new and exciting position has arisen for the role of Assistant Cafe Manager for a leading destination venue based in the heart of West Sussex.
ROLE: Community Café Assistant Manager
SALARY: £18,341 - £21,577 per annum
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Crawley, West Sussex
OPERATIONAL AREA: Sussex & Surrey
The perfect candidate must be able to:
- Demonstrate experience in a hospitality environment in a Managerial or Supervisory role.
- Develop and train current/existing team members to ensure consistency across food and beverage operation.
- Assist in managing standards in the cafe and ensure a high level of service is achieved at all times.
- Deal with customers quickly and efficiently in a professional and calm manner in this demanding role. Candidate will also have to deal with operatives on a daily basis.
- Handle cash and perform cashier duties so general accountancy experience important.
- Be able to evolve and develop retail offer / food offer and having not just the ability to do so, but confidence to carry out change using initiative.
- Leads by example, from dress code to timekeeping.
- Level 2 Food Safety and Health & Safety ideal.
The role will be 45 hours per week 5 over 7. In return you will be offered 25 days holiday, no evenings and Christmas day off
In return our client offers:
- Life Assurance at four times annual salary*
- 25 days annual holiday, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service and reaching 30 days after 4 years’ service
- Payroll Giving*, Cycle to Work* and Childcare Voucher schemes are available on a salary sacrifice basis
- A contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan*
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
*Available after 6 months continuous service and successful completion of your probationary period.
Interview Date: to be arranged on receipt of application
Start Date: ASAP
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter. It will be sent automatically to the employer.
Our client is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate their commitment we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service.
They welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
No agencies please.
Apply for Assistant Cafe Bar Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly